Wednesday 23 November 2011

Working at home..

Hellooo, I havent blogged on here in a while.. although I have been blogging on my own ..  but basically just wanted to show you what I've been up to at home :)
I decided not to create an umbrella as such.. but make it more into a garment.. and this is what I chose to do.. aswell as taking inspiration from Viktor and Rolf, dutch designers, who work together to create beautiful couture garments such as these..
Viktor and Rolf's Spring/Summer 2010 collection. I really love the cut out's, although Gayle assures me that these parts are not cut out, and that the delicate material is acurately sewn into place to create these wonderful spaces.

And here is my inspired umbrella-dress.. not quite as magnificent.. I knoww....




This is VERY un-finished.. just to show my progress and where my ideas have come from :) Every part of the dress is made out of umbrella, apart from the stuffing and the stitching :)

from eve x        http://imagination-lifeisyourcreation.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment