Wednesday 13 October 2010


So for our new branding project, I decided that I wanted to create a new babywear brand, named Waspies. After researching into already existing shops such as Mopthercare and Pumpkin patch I found more and more imagaery of baby clothes which were based around the Winnie the Pooh illustrations by Ernest Shepard. These are something I really love and they then gave me inspiration for the Waspies logo. It is a little sketch of a wasp, which shows the very basic form, and I'm quite pleased with it as it's quite simple, perfect for the logo of a babywear range. I then played around with the logo in photography making a series of photograms. I enlarged the logo so that a better single image would be created. After that I moved the paper slightly each time so that I could create a different effect,giving the logo a sort of ghost image behind it, which in my opinion worked really well.
 Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment