Wednesday 1 June 2011

5 Hours to start and finish the top!!

SO GLAD IT'S NOW DONE [except for two tassels which I need to buy and attach to the end of the cord ties...] but yeah, basically finished!! Woooooohoo.
And that is what happens when I put my mind to it [had been putting off the top for agesssssssssssss]

The starting pieces!!

All pieces sewn, darts in, lining attached and folded over, tacked in place at the bottom ready to be slip-stitched together


The eyelets - easier then I thought :) [even if I did put one in the wrong way round then have to waste 15 minutes removing it...woops]


The back :) with the cord through the eyelets, the basic top complete


The shoulder draping attached...


Looking at it with the skirt, and after tassels were attached to the bottom edge...


The look from the back...


So there we gooo. That's the top. I may add some black fringing to the skirt once I buy it, not sure yet. But I like that the top has essences of the short dress and harem pants, helping it to link everything together, as the skirt links to the waistcoat and floor length dress :)

If you've any ideas for this outfit, I welcome them :)

And also, just wanted to say, catwalk rehearsals went so well, don't you think? I reckon we should be proud of ourselves, it's been two awfully long days, but it was needed and worth it :)

Good luck with the rest of your projects!! 12 days left guys!!

Jennnnnnnnnnnnny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment