Friday 4 March 2011

And its friday once more...

Hey everyone, becca here for another post and to start it off...

I GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL FROM DERBY!! :D

Just found out and thought I would let you know ... can already predict your next question as well ... is this the one you wanna go to?? Which is your favourite uni??
Answer: I have NO idea!! :S I really cant decide! But anyway, I have an interview at Loughborough on Wednesday, so thats the next thing on my mind :)

So, has been a while since I told you all what I've been doing with the latest projects, so I thought I would give you an update whilst watching 'Four Wedding and A Funeral' (gotta love that film!)
As I'm sure you know, I have just finished the skirt project, mine was based on the colour gold with my WONDERFUL partner Jenny :) I believe that I posted my pattern ideas here so thought I would show you the finished result...





Please ignore my face in them!! I'm normally used to being behind the camera not in front of it!! And I DEFINITELY prefer to be the one taking the photos...
I decided to show some photos of Jenny's final skirt as well, because they are supposed to be part of the same collection, which I hope you agree with!

(O NO!! Gareth just died!! ... watching the 'funeral' part now ... not that you care!)

Well, seen as I'm not a fashion girly, I am fairly pleased with what I am up with, despite the many tears, tantrums and arguements with it! and trust me, there were a few!

So after the kerfuffle of handing in that propject, we have now been briefed on our 'Brighton Bizarre' one :) an interior project that seems to be JUST done my street :D am really looking forward to going to Brighton on monday to see what photos I find :) and maybe stumble into the occasional shop!
So just been researching at the moment! (Pretty much gives me the chance to look at Tricia Guild to be honest!! Love love LOVE her! (and I think everyone finally got to see what I had been ranting about the last few months, as many times the book was photocopied today! :D
So if you wanna take a closer look, this is her website: http://www.designersguild.com/ 
Ooo and one of the many books I have of her work:

You can get it fairly cheap on Amazon I'm sure, put I would definitely recommend it :D lots of colour and beautiful pattern displayed...

Well before I leave, I thought I would let you know that I have finally decided on an idea for my FMP.
Not entirely sure where I'm gunna go with it yet, but I've never really been much of a forward thinker! (You should know that by now!)
It's gunna be based around this cool fella:


I have him on my ring, and my dad has a fair few of this symbol thing in his office, so I decided to do a little research behind it. It's called 'Kokpelli' and is a Native American myth about the 'God of Fertility', not just of babies and stuff, but also for hopes, dreams, ambitions, agriculture and general life! He was a traveller and went from village to village with his cool flute playing music. He has a hunched back, supposedly because of all the things he's carrying around with it, whether thats physically or emotional stuff.
ANYWAY, I thought that it might be an interesting starting point that is original and has loads of mileage :D

So I think I have officially got you up to date with what I've been doing :) I'm sure I will blog on Wednesday to let you know how my interview went ... so until next time, Hugh Grant is about to get married and requires my FULL attention :P
Becca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment