Friday 11 March 2011

Heyy it's and Hannah, I didn't really know what to blog about yesterday and to be honest I still dont really know, so I thought I'd just talk about some of my ideas for what I want to do. When we went to Brighton, probably what I was inspired by the most, was the Theatre Royal and the distressed paint that had started to peel away on the side of the building. This gave me the idea of recreating an aged/ worn look for my chair and canvas. I was also really drawn to the railings along the pier and the pattern on them so I am thinking of using this as a screen print or spray stencil as well as the bold text "THEATRE ROYAL". From the photo that I took of the railings, I picked out a colour scheme of black and white, with accents of teal. This is about as far as I have got as I am still experimenting with different methods to create a distressed look to my work but I have begun to sand down my chair, which I'm not going to lie has to have been two of the most boring hours of my life! Once I have done a bit more to my chair, I will upload the photos I have been taking along the way (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment