Saturday 5 March 2011

SOME AWESOME INTERIOR STUFF!! :D

Yeah okay so because I'm uber cool I have, over time, saved images onto my laptop of some pretty wicked interior, simply because one day, when I can afford to build my own house, I want it to have rooms like these in!!


This room I adore, those huge sofas...mm I just want to run and jump on!! But the windows, and the view, are absolutely divine. I love the simplicity of this room, and the huge rug is awesome!


THIS IS INGENIOUS!! A huge bed, a tv, AND A SWIMMING POOL! Well, now all it needs is a mini-fridge... ;)


A living room, that is a sofa. Simplicity at it's best!


I love the use of wood, this is absolutely gorgeous, and if I were to do this, it would be a tree house in the garden to the rest of my home :D ...like a small retreat if I wanted to be in a smaller building :) or somewhere for people to stay! [thinking into this way too much now]


I loved coming across this picture - when I was younger I would dream about having a second floor to my bedroom [once suggested to my Dad that we convert the attic into a live-able space, and I could have a ladder in my room leading up to a section of it just for me, filled with fairy lights and cushions so I could relax there :) .. his response was 'Okay...' I then said 'Really???' .. so he replied 'Yes, if you pay for it' ... and with that..I gave up on the idea!] ... but anyway, this room is so cutely decorated!


This bathroom is gorgeouusss, enough said!!


A bed, in a cupboard...well why not!?!


Okay, so I'd have another house for this one... as you can tell by the view, it is not in any ordinary place!! I don't actually know where it is.. but my gosh, waking up to that view every morning would certainly make my day!


I've always loved regal interior, and this is a great example of how it can be used in the home, and not just in a Palace!


Well now this is just cool. Since I was little I made up my mind that I would have a secret bit to my house that no one but myself knew about... so this is awesomee :))

So yeah, I thought this would make an interesting blog, especially as these are such awesome interior ideas! Though not something I can pull off myself for this project...

Talking about this project, although I don't have images of them, I can tell you that today I went to the dump and purchased two matching chairs [dining room style], a small round coffee table, and then went to a charity shop, and found a lamp...I also went to Focus and purchased a rounded corner shelf.. I'm all set!!

Not only that, but I purchased some curtains at the dump... one matching pair in a gorgeous shiny rouge, and a single velvet rouge curtain...
Why you ask?
Final Major Project is my answer. My idea? A Collection inspired by...curtains.
Regal/royal ones to be precise, that you find in theatres and palaces, with all the draping, and the tassles, and which look so like they've so much material the weight of them could flatten an elephant if they were to fall on one. (Why an elephant would be under those curtains I don't know..but you get what I mean)...anyway, I want to use lots of draped fabric, to make big, volumous clothing with folds and waves, and tassles hanging down, with embroidery and patterns, and deep, rich colours and fabrics...
I'm actually so excited to be able to get started on the Final Major Project...I wish we were starting already!! I want this current project over with and we've only just started it!! How annoying!

But yeah, I hope my idea gets approved..if not, back to the dump with the curtains!! And if it does..then off to the drycleaners for the curtains!! Haha...as i'm not going to destroy and use dirty dump curtains .. no no. Must be clean!! Oh and I'll use fabric from stores amongst my Collection too :) but why not recycle some old, decent curtains when they are what I am using as inspiration? Seemed like a good idea to me!!

Jennnnnnyyy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment