Thursday 10 March 2011

I have no idea what to post about today...

So firstly, you all know who Cedric Rivrain is, yes?
Well, the awesome dude has a Tumblr... so check it out right now!!
His work is so pweetty I think :)

...................

...and now a random Fashion advert which I found, and love, researched it a bit, and wah-la, I have my post for today!! :D


I love this ensemble, especially the cat’s tails on the shoes!
It’s difficult to read the writing in the bottom right-hand corner,
But I can make out a few of the designers names, only I’m not sure which items they relate to;
Dolce & Gabbana,
Who I would assume designed the skirt; they do a lot of leopard print couture items,
What looks like; Theauhall (?),
Mai Lamore,
and Gaultier Paris.

Just did some research:
Mai Lamore is known for shoes, here is another example of the ones in the image above:


How cool are they? The cats tail might end up a big of a nuisance though...

Anywhoo, I really don't have much to say, as someone else put it before - they would blog their Brighton images, but everyone else has already posted some fabulous shots!!

However I'll let you know that sweeties are my inspiration for this project, as I loved the sticks of rocks, the ice cream (counts as a sweet-thing :P), and the sweetie arcade machines [I won a giant plastic lollipop filled with 12 normal lollipops in one of those crane machines] that I discovered in Brighton. I lovee the idea of using really bright, vibrant collours, like artificial flavouring, so I can be a bit crazy like Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen, using colour boldly and bravely. I will re-paint my furniture with a white base, but decorate it vibrantly - I won't hold back with the colour!! Although the table will be simple, it is small, and has a round top to it, I plan to sand it down, paint it white, and would like to put a mirror on the top, with the lamp going on top of that in the centre. I had this idea today, and thought a mirrored table would look prettty funkyy, and unique! Which is what I want...:)

So yeah, I am excited about this project, but really want to get on with the actual making and decorating of my objects now :)

Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment