Sunday 20 March 2011

Late Post...

Okay, I know Thursday was my blogging day, but it completely skipped my mind and I forgot.. I also wasn't feeling to great Friday and my weekend has been hectic, but with all that aside I can now blog!! Yay!! lol

Anyway, I've been really thinking about what to blog...and honestly had no clue. I mean I shall post a few updates of my project etc. but I wanted to make it more interesting then that...

So when my Dad and I found out our Pond at the end of the garden had OVER 10 FROGS in it, and like, a gazillion gallons of frog spawn, I thought GREAT!! I'll show everyone awesome pictures of them!! ...and today, the sun was shining, the weather was great, the Pond looked...okay kinda green and a bit ew, but it looked like frog heaven, annnnnnnnnnnnnd........

My parents had been hardcore gardening and all their movement/noise had scared every single frog away to the bottom of the Pond/elsewhere.

Sweet. No frogs to photograph. SORRY GUYS.

I shall post about them another time, they're all pretty cool...atleast, that's if you like frogs...like I do :P

So, obviously I have to come up with something else I could blog about, apart from my current project, which is going well by the way, except that the awkward shape of my lamp etc. means that my accetate spray stencils don't work as they don't fit around the shape [even with re-positionable self adhesive - which by the way leaves stickyness on the object - NOT COOL :( ] ... and therefore EVERY PATTERN IS HAND PAINTED!!

...well that just makes each item unique, original and... worth more when I sell them ;)

So here you goooo:


Me painting away, copying the patterns from my sketchbook, and hand painting them onto the shelf and lamp in my awesome funky colours :) the patterns were inspired by the railings in Brighton.


My chairs. Yes that's right. I've two of them. One painted, one not. The other will be painted very soon :) I'm NOT adding patterns to them though. The colour will be in the upholstery. Which was going to be Batik. But my idea has now changed.


The lamp :D

............................

Okkaaay. So that's the little update, now I feel I should do something different. Write about something else. Or post something that isn't related to this project..to keep things lively...

But what?
*looks around room for inspiration*


Photographs of designs from my personal design book? Sound cool? Sweeet.


I just adore the shape of this!

Ahh the colours :)

This one... I love, I really, really want to make it sometime soon in my free time. I honestly would wear it everywhere if only it were that sort of garment. Except it's not and I'd get so many wierd looks...anyway, I love the huge hood [inspired by the red and black striped Alexander McQueen top which Cheryl Cole wore in her Fight For this Love video] and the choppy skirt, which is made of several different fabrics, including print, jersey, and leather....so yeah this is my favourite thing i've designed in a while.

Simple shape, was just having fun with patterns.


Hahaha, okay this was a joke one that actually looks kinda cool. But yeah, my inspiration was a pumpkin.

So there we go, some designs I've done in my free time. These ones are about 2 years old though... I haven't recently photographed any new ones, sorrry :P

Cool story bro.
Peace out.

Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment