Friday 25 March 2011

So, it happens to be my birthday next week...

... and whoever is feeling generous, you fancy buying me this dress? :P its not THAT pricey!

I love it! (as I may have mentioned to a fair few of you) ... but I could totally settle for this one:

GORGEOUS! You've gotta love Holly Fulton :) these dresses are from her S/S 2011 collection but with all of them, I would personally and quite happily part money with :D

So, changing the subject slightly, I have now finished all of my final pieces: my chair, canvas and lighting.
The last time I blogged about my work, the chair was definitely a working progress.
On monday, I sanded the bloddy thing down! But I guess I can't complain, the weather was really lovely: topping up on the tan! I also painted it white, sanding it down again to create a destressed look. However, when I had done this, it looked rather bland so I added some blues and browns into the mix, taken from an image of a destressed boat that I took.
I also decided to screen print the seat of my chair, and after deliberating, chose to have my little doodle of the burnt pier half way across it.
Here is the finished result:


The photos still need a lot of work in Photoshop but you get the idea.
At first, I did struggle slightly with what coloured fabric/ink to use on the seat. I originally thought I was going to use white fabric, linking in with the white from the frame, and a black ink. However, once I did a quick sample, it was too harsh looking and prestine compared to the destressed frame. This was when I found this creamy fabric and mixed up a light grey ink, and think this colour palette works so much better than my previous idea.

Now, where is the lamp shade you must be thinking?!
Well I have made one:
However, as you may have noticed, it doesn't match up at all with my other two pieces. This lighting was inspired by the sign in my canvas, but the destressing and colours just don't match up. So, the plan is to super impose a lamp stand and a single bulb into my space photos...
But these will hopefully be posted on monday (after I've done them!)

So quite a transformation from the original chair eh??

So to finish off, everyone was attempting to take their various chairs and other pieces of furniture home for the weekend, and being a helpful Becca that I am, Issie, Rob and I did help the lovely Ish get her furniture to her car..

... and then Rob and I just stood and watched (helpful eh?) 'How many pieces of furniture can you fit into a Ford KA?' :D

Until monday
Becca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment