Thursday 20 January 2011

Falmouth

Hey it's Hannah and yesterday I had my first uni interview at Falmouth, which meant getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning as my parents love to leave atleast three hours before we actually need to... Anywayyy we arrived there at about 11 which meant I had a few hours to walk around the town first and find out what shops there are there. My personal favourite find was a bar called Nancy's, so Piner eat your heart out ;)
My interview was at half 1 and when we got there, there was around 5 other girls waiting too and we were soon shown around the building whilst our portfolios were being looked at, and then the student showing us around took us on this treck to the beach(!?) before taking us back for our individual interviews. Waiting for my name to be called, I thought it was going to be so nerve racking, but it actually wasn't that bad; I just chatted with the other girls about how far they had travelled and where else they had applied to, and I genuinely think this  helped to keep me quite calm so that by the time it was my turn, any nerves I had the night before (believe me I was sooo scared, Jenny can vouch for that!) had totally disappeared. The interview itself I think went quite well there wasn't any hard questions just a really weird one at the end like Gayle's "If you could be any chocolate bar, what would it be?"  which was "Imagine your going to a beach party and you have unlimited amounts of money and can invite 6 people to go with you. They can be dead or alive. Who would you take?"  How random... I ended up saying David Beckham for something to look at, Alan Carr, Gok Wan, Marylin Monroe and my mum (sooo cheesy!) and I couldn't come up with a 6th person so they let me off the hook with that one, although I probably should have mentioned a fashion designer!! But yeah overall it wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be and I feel much more confident about my next two interviews at Bournemouth and Derby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment