Okay, I felt I HAD to post again, I suddenly felt like I was having Fashion withdrawal symptoms, and I must do something about it! So here is a load of interesting things I've found the past week or so while being ill...
Reading this Month's Vogue; The Ultimate Spring/Summer Catwalk Report [UK] - in association with Selfridges&Co
The trends for the S/S 2011 Catwalk:
- Colour Splash; be bright, be bold, and clash with style!
- Sportswear; keep it smart, sleek and modern.
- Modern Craft; tassles, feathers and crochet textures!
- Intense Blue; think ultramarine and oceanic colours!
- The Gathering; pleats, gathers and draping for added texture and movement!
- Flowing Fabrics; maxi gowns floating over the body…‘revealing as much as they conceal’
- White; crisp and clinical elegance in evening gowns and impeccable tailoring.
- Latin; think frills and full skirts!
- Denim; pinafores to workday suits - denim rules!
- The new black: TANGERINE! Vibrant and youthful.
- Eastern Influence; kimono’s, obi belts and red lips.
- Layer-Up; soft lines and sheer fabrics.
- Nude; figure hugging second-skin shades are an elegant alternative to this season’s brights.
- Natural; floral and fauna.
- What to wear to keep warm?; trenches and biker jackets!
- Accessories; belts, gym pants, hats, sunglasses, headscarves, clutches, stachels, platforms, white heels, flat sandals and sculptural shoes.
- Think the 70s; big hair, big flares!
- Strong make-up; yellow eye shadow, matching nails and lips, bold red lipsticks and big bold eyes.
- Hair; big and bold, or sleek and smooth.
- Bare Back; reveal the new erogenous zone, brave the no bra experience and wear the lowest backed garment you dare!
She has freelanced for Bill Blass, and worked for Sophia Kokosalaki amongst other designers.
Her design signatures are hyperrealist aesthetic, industrial jewellery and bold graphics. Her trademark piece for S/S 2011 was the Lampshade Skirt.
For her A/W 2011 Collection, she is inspired by Diana Vreeland, coromandel screens, and the interwar period. She is also soon to collaborate with Atelier Swarovski.
Sass & Bide: check out their site - explore it.
They’ve some wicked collections at the moment!