Monday 17 January 2011

University Interviews - TIPS :)

Hey it's Jenny here!!

 
Just thought I'd say, don't panic about your interviews, they are inly interested in getting to know you - and really want you to just be yourself!
Tips from Gayle which I whole heartedly agree with, mixed with my own views from experience:

1. DON'T PANIC
2. Get lots of rest - if it's far away, go the night before and sleep at a hotel - getting up at 5am and travelling the entire morning, then arriving looking like a zombie = NOT THE WAY TO DO IT!
3. Make sure you are full of energy, have a nice breakfast - it can be a long wait for your interview sometimes!
4. Be confident, and know your stuff - read the latest magazine in your area of interest, know the top people in the industry, and know names of those less known - shows you know your stuff
5. THEY KNOW THAT YOU WON'T KNOW EVERYTHING. Don't worry :)
6. Have plenty to say about your Portfolio - show it to your parents, after all they probably won't know half the techniques we do, so it's great practice telling them how to do it!
7. Have a question ready to ask them too, especially if it's about the course - shows interest!
8. Take sketch books with research [examples or written work is great] and some 3D items, perhaps one to do with your interest - a dress if you are doing Fashion, and something not - your 3D wasp, shows you are capable of taking 2D into 3D :)
9. Put the strongest work first, weakest in the middle, and 2nd strongest at the end of your portfolio. They remember the first and last piece, while the middle bunch is sort of lost in memory as you are talking while going through it.
10. SMILE :D

So there you go, a few of my tips mixed with Gayles :)

I went to a interview at Glamorgan in Cardiff [Wales] on Saturday, and the things listed above were what I did, and well, the interview went smoothly, I was excited and enjoyed the experience...

Then partied that night to celebrate ;)

And guess what?!

It's Monday, and I've heard back already...

Ready to hear what they said...?

I have a CONDITIONAL offer!! If I get DMM - I'm in!!

I'm confident I can achieve that [predicted DDD], so Ladies - guess who will hopefully be going to Glamorgan :D
I'm so excited - it was my top choice :')
And, I found out 2 days in advance - see, even with little preparation anything is achievable.

HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF AND YOU WILL GET WHERE YOU WANT TO GO!!
You are ALL capable of it - if they say no - then it's simply not where you are meant to be!

Keep motivated and go art crazy :D

And someone let me know what I missed out on today? I've an awful cold/cough, and have almost lost my voice [some people might enjoy that...ha] ...so wasn't it :( Oh well, atleast it hit me now, and not before my interview!! :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment