Friday 8 April 2011

Hope everyone has a good easter hols!

Hey girls, its Becca.
Hopefully should be a fairly speedy post (on my behalf ... I like to take my time with these things!) as am off to the theatre :) I know right?? Seeing 'To Kill A Mockingbird' at the Woking theatre.


Above is one of the many posters from the book/film/show ... I couldn't help but notice the building outline in the background. After the success of my 'sketchy' drawing of the burnt Brighton pier for the last project, I am considering branching this style out a little further for this project, something a little difficult coming from the perfectionist, who likes everything to be neat and precise! :P
Have started my own drawing ... however, its not quite finished yet ... so you shall just have to wait and see! :P
Ooo, I realise that some of you might not know what I'm doing. Originally, I was doing this Kokopelli idea ... but have rapidly moved away from the concept :) ... instead, this dude was a traveller, and this is the avenue that I am going to focus on.
I looked through some of my mum's photos and journals (I did ask permission first!) from when she went travelling with a friend around 1984/85. This was the time of letter writting ... remember?? :P At the time, I believe my parents were dating, and they were writting letters to each other about their various experiences. 
Mum, being Mum, has kept all of these letters, both from my dad and her parents, with the letters addressed to her for Malaysia, Thailand, California and many other destinations!
I have already mentioned that I want to re-do some vintage suitcases, possibly three?? One for each country my mum visited and the letters were sent?
I want to research into the cultures and patterns of these countries and along with my mum's findings, possibly create three different prints for the lining of the suitcases?? Need to gather some imagery and do some hard core drawing ... but hopefully it will work out!

Ooo also found these GORGEOUS accessories and bags by a company called 'Paper Plane':




Link in pretty well to my project huh??
Will update you all soon over the holidays with some of my own work ... at the moment, there is loads of research in my sketchbook :)
Ooo and before I go, can't remember who it was ... but I'm scared of needles, fireworks and anything that makes me jump really! :D
Talk soon
Becca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment