Wednesday 20 April 2011

Things Ive been up to

I keep finding these annoying little details in my SOI that I haven't covered but I've got all the big stuff out of the way.. well nearly all... anyway this is from the Eden project

 I particularly liked the pitcher plants, they contain digestive juices in the pitcher and when something falls in and drowns enzymes attack the flesh and dissolve it, but if the creature doesn't drown it isn't harmed, and little frogs have been known to actually climb in and breed inside the pitcher plant! 
 This is just inside the rainforest Biome, the only bit that I was really impressed by, the rest wasn't as extraordinary as I'd hoped.
 lovely patterns in the foliage.
 The image below is of an arum lily, it isn't in bloom but when it does bloom it gives of a stench of rotting meat, the flies are all attracted to it and it dissolves them, dead or alive.. it isn't as polite as the pitcher plant

No comments:

Post a Comment