Thursday 14 April 2011

Windsor Castle!!

Soo I totally went to Windsor Castle today ;D .. was fantastic, actually way funner then I thought it would be!! I went with my dear Mothhher and we had a good time :) .. I have never really gone somewhere for the aim of sketching things and coming back with ideas so it was a new experience. As with most places I visit, I normally glide round as quick as I can, really not bothering to read anything. I look, and move on. That's about it - hanging around isn't really my sort of thing.
However, visiting there for a purpose, there is an urge to do what you've set out to do, and I did. I went there, I looked around the state Rooms, and I sketched the curtains, which by the way, were GORGEOUS. There wasn't tonnes, the rooms aren't all curtained, but the main ones, were beautiful. I also loved the robes with tassels, and the four post bed with curtains surrounding it - absolutely stunning.
I am very glad I decided to take paper and a pencil to sketch with also - as I almost forgot [I know, crazy that an artist can forget their essentials!] ...as photos inside are strictly not allowed - however I grabbed a guide book which is full of colour photos :D

So anyway, here is a taster of Windsor Castle from the outside, and some of my sketches I did [sorry they aren't 100% clear] .... Oh and I forgot to mention, it was made better by the fact I'd never actually been to Windsor before! So a new experience there :D wooohooo!











Enjoy!!
Jennnnnnnnnnnnny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment