Wednesday 20 April 2011

Super saver!

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say there's not a lot of cash to splash at the moment so if you're struggling to afford your fabric and you've got a bit of time (yeah cos there's as much of that about as the money...) Search outlets and suppliers who sell fabrics at stock price and sometimes amazing (and huge) offcuts for next to nothing as they'd normally throw them away. The internet is a good place to start as some have online shops or just sites with contact details. Also the yellow pages is very helpful and don't be afraid to look abroad as well as they're often more than happy for you to make your own postal arrangements (a lot cheaper then commercial ones as they're priced by weight) or they are sending bulks of fabric to the UK anyway so ship alongside! 

Just to prove I'm not talking rubbish I've sourced 10 metres of fabric from America which, in Freelance would have been 150 pounds [ :O! ] but I've got (including P&P) for 32 pounds! 

P.S It all started because the fabric shop didn't have the colour I wanted...outlets have a HUGE range of shades and fabrics like....ENORMOUS!

anyway happy scrimping,

Ish

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment