Monday 11 April 2011

Refuse to let Easter Holidays make me slack with posting!!

So I have been POOR with posting, really REALLY poor. I apologise, it's been a wierd time for me, but things are on the up ;D
It's great to have the Easter Holidays, catching up with old friends, getting out, tanning in the AMAZING English weather [what a change!], planning my 18th birthday and just, enjoying FREEDOM, however with the FMP in mind, I'll be visiting a few places this holiday for some research - and I will blog about each place after I've been, also if I find anything for anyone else, i'll blog it right away! Anyway, I thought I would post images of the 4 final outfits that I will be aiming to make, i'm really proud of them, and absolutely ADORE them, so I canNOT wait to start making them, it's exciting stuff!! I'm so glad actually, my motivation for FMP is rocketting and I'm really getting stuck in, I mean, I've done 16 designs, 16!! That's loads!! lol, was difficult choosing four, but I think the ones i've chosen are really the best ones, and now I need to work out what fabrics are needed! But i've already a great collection of old curtains to cut up and use :) :) woohoo!!

I'm doing a bit of everything, an evening dress, a formal gown, a skirt and top combo and menswear! :) :)

Short Dress, with a cloak


Full Length Royal Gown


Skirt and Top Combo


Menswear


So there we go :)
Hope you like them!

Any suggestions are welcome, and if anyone has anything to do with Curtains etc. that'd be great!!

Also, you can probably notice it in the formal gown, but I have been inspired by historical royal costumes and clothing - infact my Nan gave me a great book to look at with them in, starting from like, the 15th century up until the 1950s! It's fantastic, I took loads of inspiration from it, including ways to do the skirt part of the formal dress, the collar idea, the corsetted bodice, the cloak and the Valance inspired aspects of clothing. I think the book was a great find, and allowed me to understand more what kind of clothing would have been worn by the people who lived in the Palaces/Royal houses etc. where my curtain inspiration is found. It truly is great having more then one piece of inspiration and I was greatful for my Nan finding them :) it gives my Collection more depth and meaning :) !!

Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny :)
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment