Monday 11 April 2011

UK

Heya it's Lucinda. Have had a slightly busy day at home sanding down and painting my last out of 6 chairs in a primer/undercoat ready for when I decide on my designs. I have researched a lot of Union Jack and London inspired furniture in the last few days and here are some of my favourites.
 



<>
 
This is from Foxbat. They assume the image was taken in the 1960's due to the version of the Double Decker bus pictured in the background. I believe this is a good way to incorparate photography into my work and I would like to use this technique.



I really like these prints by Catherine Colebrook. I love they way she has created a modern take on the orginal 'Keep Calm and Carry On' sign and made it a trendy print you would like to have in your home. I would also like to use this saying or create my own like she has in my final design.

I really like the modern take which this tea towel has about the Royal Wedding compaed to many other Royal Wedding homewares I have researched recently. I really like the pop artish feel I believe this has.

I have just randomly found this person and I really like her work even if it doesn't really fit in with a Union Jack theme! http://www.beckybroome.com/index.htm

Like Jenny I have also asked my Nan if she has anything to do with what I am doing such as Royal Weddings, The Julibee, Street Parties etc. and knowing my Nan she will somewhere! I am also planning on going up to London next week and taking lots of photos of everything I find inspiring there.

No comments:

Post a Comment