Saturday 23 April 2011

Lacking in concentrate/motivation...

What a depressing title eh??
It's Becca and I can officially say that my concentration span is SHOCKING! Everyone knew this before, but I swear it getting worse :(
As a result in this, I don't feel like I have achieved much over the holidays and can't decide what to do with myself! But hey, I'm sure everyone has these kind of moments every now and then...
So, I was going to do a quick blog post before I went away last week, but I went to London instead and didn't get back until late ... (thought packing was more important as well! :P) also treated my mum to the theatre ... saw the Phantom of the Opera (one of the few West End shows that I haven't seen!) It was AMAZING!!

When up in London, I went to the Fashion and Textiles Musuem ... at the moment, there is a Timney-Fowler exhibition, which is definitely worth going, but have a funny feeling that its finishing this weekend?? Who knows!! ANYWAY, did find some stuff that might be useful to some people (mainly research stuff really, and I know that most of you may have done the majority of it know ... but its always worth showing some more!) Ooo and sorry for the TERRIBLE photos!

Tedi:
Again, have no idea if this will be helpful ... info on it is in the very blurry photo below.


Ellie Lyver:


 Yeah you get the idea...

The exhibition featured a lot of geometric pattern (also quite a lot in the V&A aswell ... another place I visited whilst up in London.) And for some reason, I was drawn to them ... am experiementing with this idea at the moment. The probelm I have at the moment, is that I have some ideas but they don't seem to fit into each other! Its beginning to annoy me!!!

Moving on from my frustration, I also went to the Stanfords travel shop in Covent Garden ... which was amazing!
Here are some of my photos:


 Love this design of the compass and want to try and incorporate it with something I saw at the Timney-Fowler exhibition. Not trying to be secretive about it ... only just came up with the idea yesterday and haven't started drawing yet!

 There were LOADS of books and travel stuff that had maps on them ... something that I want to look at.

 Isn't this floor AWESOME!!! If only I could do something like this in my space...

And last, but by no means least, this ice cube tray! It has the continents on it!! So so so cool! The plan is to hopefully make some resin jewellery with them :)

Also went to the Country market to try and find some stuff relevant for my project:
 Old Australian Stamps


 This really cool old letter with wax seals and everything!



 My mum has hidden this suitcase that belonged to her dad for AGES without telling me. It GORGEOUS!


And I bought this one at the country market.

Am pretty much collecting these vintage suitcases so if you find any, please let me know!
So I'm off to get myself motivated ... hopefully it will happen soon so that I can really get stuck into this project!
Becca xxx

1 comment: