Monday 9 April 2012

The Line & Curves of the London Skyline

Hi, its Sally once again and before I begin I'd like to say HAPPY EASTER everyone!!! 
So for my current design project, I am looking at methods of illusion and how they can be used within fashion design to create the illusion of a more flattering and dynamic silhouette. For part of my research I will be looking at how the use of prints can help - looking specifically at digital photo prints, 60's Op Art prints and 20's inspired cubism prints. I have already started looking at designers that also use print in their work and have found people like Holy Fulton or Mary Katrantzou have previously looked towards architecture for print inspiration. So up in London last week, I thought I could take some initial photos of it's buildings for inspiration too - I especially think that redrawing the photos in the style of Cubism to create a print, will work very well. So keep in tune to see more . . . And to see more or my photos please go to http://thesecretsofadressmaker.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/lines-curves-of-london-skyline.html








Also you will find on my other blog
http://dressme-imyourmannequin.blogspot.co.uk/ photos of my lucky find down Brick Lane (I'll give you a hint its quilted, its a bag, it has a chain handle and Coco owned & designed several of them) and also my Easter day outfit (including yellow & pink Easter chicks on my nails - I went all out!!!) Anyway, hope you all enjoy the second half of our holiday, and will see you in a weeks time!!
Easter wishes from Sally Louise Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment