Wednesday 30 May 2012

Blogness



1. How has the class blog benefited your own creative progress and ideas?
I think having the class blog is a really good idea as it allows us to get inspiration from each other and also keep competitive with what everyone else is up to! Its also good to see what previous years have done, also giving ideas and guidance for bits and pieces including sketchbooks, photoshoots and portfolios!

2. Do you regularly follow any specific blogs, and if so, why?
I follow a few blogs such as Print and Pattern, Handmade by alice apple, Poppytalk, Design Sponge and Jane Foster blog. I follow these as I find them really inspiring and interesting to see what is currently popular and available in the textiles world!

3. What have you gained from looking at other people’s blogs?
 I tend to gain mostly inspiration from other oeoples blogs but I have come across a few golden tutorials on blogs that have been really helpful and better than website style tutorials!
4. Do you think that having a blog/being part of a blog community has been useful in terms of your university applications, i.e. being able to showcase your work in a more professional way?
 I think being able to have your work viewed worldwide on a blog is always going to be useful as it allows anyone to view your work which could lead to anything. In terms of university applications I don’t think I mentioned by blog in my applications however the use of blogs to keep up to date with current trends did come up during my interviews!
5. Do you have your own blog?
Yes .... http://aninterestinpatterns.blogspot.co.uk/http://aninterestinpatterns.blogspot.co.uk/

6. Why?
I started a blog because I liked the idea of being able to view all my work in one place, and also allowing other people to see what I’m up to and how my textiles projects are progressing.

7. Has having your own blog led to anything exciting yet?
 Not yet!
8. What do you like to blog about the most? Should it all be work, work, work? Why/why not?
I do only talk about work/ textiles related things on my blog as that’s what I feel it’s there for. I also find it a bit annoying when I’m flicking through someone’s blog and there’s some really good bits followed by 6 posts about their cat! 

P.s sorry about the cheesy photo ... took me about half an hour to find a semi decent photo of myself .. it was either that one or one of me holding raffle winnings from a fete ... 

Oh ... heres some bits and pieces of my work for Fmp ... more on my blog!!



No comments:

Post a Comment