Tuesday 29 May 2012

So what do I think of the blog??

 

Lauren James            

1. How has the class blog benefited your own creative progress and ideas?

The class blog has helped me a lot especially during FMP as it gives you the opportunity to look back through preveouse projects and get some inspiration but also to keep you up to date with what stage of the project we should be at. It is also really interesting looking back through othre peoples projects even if you have never met them as well as being a community where we can share our own work and get feedback on it or just keep up to date with what each other are doing.

2. Do you regularly follow any specific blogs, and if so, why?

I do follow blogs regularly most of them are friends blogs but they are still really interesting as they sometimes show you new techniques that you have never used or you tube clips you have ever seen! I also regularly follow this blog to keep up to date with what everone is doing and respond to anyone asking for help or a thought. I also find blogs are really useful when it comes to artist reaserch as it can give you more information about the artist and makes it more interesting than searchng on google.

3. What have you gained from looking at other people’s blogs?

I have gained information for new tecniques as well as tutorials, there is a blog i am currently using called U-handbag to learn how to make a purse.

4. Do you think that having a blog/being part of a blog community has been useful in terms of your university applications, i.e. being able to showcase your work in a more professional way?

I really enjoy posting and folowing the class blog and although i have not applied to uni this year i have heard that having/ being part of a bloging community is a good little thing to leave behind after an interview.   

5. Do you have your own blog?

I dont have my own blog at the monent but i am definetly going to be starting one over the summer!! 

6. Why?

Because i see how useful blogs are to other people and i would also like to share my work with the big wide world and hopefully d=get some feed back from it such as products or companies or even designers contacting me and also it will give me plenty of time to build it up throughout my foundation year ready for applying to uni!!

7. Has having your own blog led to anything exciting yet?

Well not yet because i dont have one at the moment but when i do i really hope that some exiting things will come from it!

8. What do you like to blog about the most? Should it all be work, work, work? Why/why not?

Mostly i blog about my work as i think that future students would find that most benficial but when i have my own blog it will be a bit more peorsonal and include things to do with my hobbies and other things i make as well as college work. 

Here is some images from my FMP which is based on exotic birds....


Resin rings with my fineliner feather drawings trapped inside 



















My applique/screen printed/embroiderd parrot cushions


 


 


 







Screen printed feather vest tops 

No comments:

Post a Comment