Tuesday 3 May 2011

AHHHCHHHOOOO.

Yeah, so I've got a cold D:


Today was horrible, I was like sneezing all the time, coughing a lot and was a walking illness....yum.
So I stayed away from college, I felt drained [pretty sure my cold wanted to move onto my chest and make everything a million times worse] and knew I was pretty contagious, and I don't exactly want to be the one blamed for making our ENTIRE class ill. That wouldn't be cool...
Dosing myself up and getting my arse in tomorrow though, lessons 11.25 - 1.30 is managable, and I'm sure the worst is over now.

I spent the day working from my bed. Resting and at the sewing machine also. While napping a bit too....and I thought I would update with some images, let people see how things are coming along, I have almost completed one dress, and the Harem pants, just need to do two final fittings tomorrow with them, and then finish them off - straight after I buy more thread for both as I used it all up!!

My next item I will be starting is the waistcoat/vest, and the cloak/cape. I will also work out how I'm going to do the Valance inspired hip and shoulder pieces to go with the harem pants and waistcoat for the menswear. Should be interesting!!

This is the top bit to the dress, when I attached the first bit of tassel fringing, ahhh I love using this as detailing :3


I then experimented with the distance between the first and the second row of tassels, BEARING IN MIND I'M GOING TO FIND SOME IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR, AND ALTERNATE BETWEEN THE TWO.


It looks quite simple with a big distance, but just doesn't have the same effect as them closer together, imagine the middle strip the same tassel fringing only a different colour - white or cream perhaps, I really think it will look much more dramatic with a closer spacing, and also with a larger amount of the small tassels, there will be a better look of movement if say, someone were to spin around in it :)


This is the dress so far, I have attached the top and bottom, at the back it is ready for a zip [just need to do a quick fitting first...and buy more thread!!] ...the rest of the detailing needs to be attached, and then the bottom hemmed up. Then it's done!! :) I'm liking it so far, but any comments are welcome, will see what people say tomorrow :)


I don't have an image of the harem pants as they are at the moment - almost finished except for hemming the bottom of each leg and attaching the last bit of the waistband. But trust me they look gorgeous and here are some images from the making process, I will take photos of them when on my model tomorrow, fingers crossed they fit...[they should do! I followed the measurements given :)]


The pattern, some pins, the gorgeous fabric [velvet valore] and my brand new sewing sheers [18th birthday present]


Pattern cutting, I needed 3meters of fabric for these, how insane!!


I tacked where the pleats needed to be :)


Then as this instruction shows, folded the legs in half, and stitched the inner leg.


Placed one leg inside the other, and tacked them together, then stitched them....


And oh loookkk!! They are coming together nicely!! :) 


The Waistband needed interfacing....


And the fabric was pleated, this is the look from the inside, with the pleats folded and stitched down, the interfacing of the waistband is visible, as the outside part has been attached [I still have the inside waistband to attach after the fitting - left it because of lack of thread, and also if I need to make adjustments it's easier before the second part is put on as it hides everything!]


And finally [before the last bit of waistband, and the hemming of the legs]...the zip!! You can sort of see in the background that I used a zipper foot on the sewing machine for it...I've never used one before, as I'd never bothered trying after I developed my own way of doing it and it worked well...but oh what was I thinking!! The zipper foot makes it ten times quicker and easier...obviously, that's what it is designed for! Duhh. Silly me.


So there we go, a nice update there :) plenty more work to do, but I'm still motivated and loving every minute, yay! :)

Jennnnnnnnnnnnny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment