Sunday 22 May 2011

Haven't blogged in too long :/ been so busy!!

Well, the FMP is definately living up to it's reputation of taking up a lot of time! But, I must say, it is SO worth it, and, weirdly enough, the only reason I want it over and done with...is because I want to see my garments finished, down the catwalk, and in my space, I'm loving the process of all this, and am not giving up yet, I just want to see it all finished, so I can be proud of it :)

I also can't wait to see everyone else's pieces, they are coming along a TREAT, as I just saw when looking back through the blog! Have faith girls, not long now, you are all going to be so proud of yourselves in just under 4 weeks time :)

I have a few images I can upload, apart from that this post is mostly text!! But to keep you all up to date it's important :) and i'm sure someone will read it...?

Last Monday I had a go at screen printing [Gayle's idea], for the first time - I'm no longer a screen printing Virgin!! Woooo let's open some Champs and celebrate :D ... okay sod that, I hate Champs.. :P .. anywayyy, my design was pretty simple [i'll post pictures in a minute], but I liked it, and thought it quite effective, I printed it in black ink onto the waistcoat, keeping it simple and masculine still, while I used a gold ink to print it down one panel of the black floor length dress I am making also. It looked great, and even though I have no other gold in my collection...it works perfectly :) adds to the wealthy feel of the garments which helps to exaggerate the origins of their inspiration. They are simple, effective, and add another method/technique into my project - which is always a bonus, they took from 1pm - 7pm, after I walked to college, walked home again to get the fabric samples [for testers] which I forgot, and walked back, then got on with it and didn't stop! ...it was actually quite relaxing I thought :) ... and i'm very proud of them, even if they aren't the most sophisticated ones on Earth.

And yes I know these images aren't great...they're just the ones currently on my camera lol,

The screen print:
 On the black chiffon for the dress:
On the waistcoat:

This image actually shows how much i've left to do for the waistcoat - sew the sides together [that are under the arms] and attach the buttons, then BAM done :)

So, apart from the screen printing, here is how other things are going [don't have imagery to post that's good enough lol] ...
The black floor length dress - about 1/2 finished, need to attach top to bottom, insert zip, hem it, attach the draping back part, and the hanging rope with tassels [which is made and ready - I plaited three bits of cord, and at every 12cm interval, I placed a small tassel! :)] ...
The top - need to start and make..
The skirt - almost finished, 2/3rds of the way there, need to add zip, and the two side pieces of chiffon, and tie chiffon with cord [that has tassels on the end] so they look like curtains :)
The green dress - done, pretty much, need to order the ribbon [samples came in and i've chosen the colour] and attach it, then done!
Waistcoat - as said earlier, sew up and do buttons,
Harem pants - done
Shoulder piece - got everything to do it, now need to do it.
Cloak - done, except for the lining [have the fabric, just need to do it]

And that's it, and to be honest, in my opinion, I think I can achieve all that pretty soon :) which is awesome, I'm pretty positive and stilll motivated, yay!

Little bit of advice to everyone - remember to do something daily to keep you sane, I make sure I exercise 30minutes minimum everyday, and it really, really puts me in a good mood - especially when I do it in the morning! :) ... remember you are allowed a 20minute break when things are getting tedious and you need a break. Remember to eat - you need that energy, trust me!! Work hard during the day, and you get the best reward ever at the end of it - A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!! ...or a cheeky night out ;) lol, but yeah, keep doing things you enjoy around everything you are doing,
STAY SANE GIRLS!! And GOOD LUCK :)

Jennnnnnnnnnnnnny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment