Friday 13 May 2011

Dress #2

So seeing as i ran out of eyelets for my other dress (which have now arrived!!!) i started constructing my second dress, which is a drape garment. I found this style of constructing so much more relaxing as for one you don't have to follow a pattern and two it gives a sense of freedom with your creativity, as you can add pleats and tucks in where ever you like etc. So here is it so far - just need to fit it to my lovely model Ish and then do the hem, and attach a fastening. Hope you like it!
I have also been screen printing this week which initially was going to be used for a garment but i am no longer using it but after our crit on Monday i have now printed my imagery onto tissue paper (and will also print it onto shopping bags when i find some) to create my own shopping bags/tissue which the dresses could be wrapped in if they where to be brought in a shop - if that makes sense =]
I'll upload some images soon
Courtney
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment