Saturday 14 May 2011

TIME TO BLOG!!

RIGHT! So i've been invisible on here for TOO LONG. But for a good reason I PROMISE!! I have been SO SO busy!!
However that means I have lots to tell you, woo hoo!! :)
Things are coming along FANTASTICALLY. Not going to lie, and I feel like I'm on track and will get everything done, all i've got to do is KEEP GOING. And seeing as I'm still motivated, that is as easy done as it is said for once! Yayyyy :))

The other week I completed my harem pants, and well, I think they are delicious. I could see myself wearing them...okay maybe not out they are very much a huge statement, and I'd need to be pretty brave... but if they were in a black or a darker colour, boy oh boy I wouldn't ever get out of them, these babys are SO COMFY. I had made them a little big for the male model, and funnily enough after adjustments they now fit me as well as him...well isn't that just lucky ;) hehe. Not that I'm wearing them around or anything, I wouldn't want the to get damaged *le sigh* ..but if they weren't for the show, I would be wearing them right this minute.

Here are some pictures I took of them...

Front:
 Side:
 Back:

Aren't they gorgeous? They are in a red velvet valore fabric, and hang BEAUTIFULLY.

Anyway, my green dress is coming along superbly as well. In fact, besides some extra ribbon detailing [waiting on ribbon samples before ordering and then attaching underneath the salmon pink/red fringing] it is finished as well.
Here is an image of it..............okay wait let me take a new one. The ones I have do it NO justice...[bad lighting and I'm wearing it...lol]

Here we go [ps might I add it fits the model also ;)]



What do you think? This one is going with a cape/cloak, which is almost finished as well, I just need to line it, I'll post a picture when it's finished, but this is one of it before I attached the cord and tassels - as I haven't photographed it with them yet [so there is just string used temporarily in this image]




Sorry for the messy living room in the background... and yes I know it's not decorated nicely...lol we've never gotten round to doing it [and we've lived her 13 years...oh dear :P]

And also just thought I would add, for this I used ANOTHER old curtain I had, which DIDN'T have any marks on! In fact the one with marks I used to make a toile for this one! [you can see it folded up on the arm of the chair in the second image hehe]

Aside from these things, I have started the waistcoat, which needs screen printing before I line it and finish it off. I am in the process of making a dress as well, which I am also going to screen print. I have made the toile for it already, made adjustments and cut out the actual pieces. I have a skirt and top to make also. The top will be simple to make - I am using the top pattern for the green dress as I know it works perfectly. [yes the top is cropped] ... and the skirt, which I am making the toile for tonight, will be made using a pattern - which came with the pattern for the screenprinted black dress. Phew. There is lots to do, but I am on track and confident I can get it all done. I'll post more about those new pieces later instead of making this post even longer. But anyway, everything is still on the go, and going fabulously. I think anyway... I've been looking at photoshoot places, and coming up with possibilites, I'm either going to find somewhere with stately rooms I can use so the garments are in a place of inspiration, or am going to go to a ruined palace to contrast old and new. Still undecided. I need to think of some music, and what to do for the catwalk and have some more sketchbook stuff to do. But I find all of it so relaxing, you can just do it and not realise it. So yeah :) ...can't wait for it all to be done so I can see it finished.

PS. I read back through the blog and I am LOVING everyone elses work! Just thought I would throw that out there :) I feel sorry for Ish though... Fingers crossed the fabric comes out okay in the end!! And I hope we find her sketchbook soon..!!

Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny :)






No comments:

Post a Comment