Friday 6 May 2011

Busy Book Making!

Hey it's Becca :) have realised that the last few times that I have blogged, I have not mentioned my own FMP once!! Not very good on my behalf! So here goes...

As I'm sure you have gathered, I am doing vintage travel :) have got all my suitcases, which I will line them based on three countries that my mum visited whilst travelling between 1984/85. Long story about how this all came about ... but I'm gunna be honest, I really can't be bothered to explain it on here!
So, screens are ready and waiting, but unfortunately, I couldn't get started today due to a lack in fabric and transportation to get me to a shop before college. So alas, I went to Gford in the afternoon and am ready and waiting for monday! Sorry everyone, but I'm sure I will be glued to that printing table until I'm done! (But always up for some company) :P

Passing the time away and getting some sort of idea of what and how I wanted to print my linings for the cases, I went into Photoshop and played around yesterday:


Above: India (colour palette taken from the famous spice market)


Above: America (patriotric)


Above: Australia (reds and blues taken from famous photos of Ayer's Rock ... or whatever it's called nowadays!)

However, now that I look back on these orginal designs, I am pleased with the layouts but I do agree with Gayle on this one :P the colours do need to be moved around a bit.
So this is what we came up with...


India: COMPLETELY changed the colours, and am now basing it all on the Bollywood side ... adds more eye-catching colours :D


America: just changed the Golden Gate Bridge colour to a more patriotic blue. Really love the 'roughness' about this design and the layering. Probs my favourite :)


Australia: changed the palette slightly so the colour represents the 'dryer' and 'outback' Australia.

So, by doing these, I have got more of an idea of where I want to start when I get around to screen printing :) but decided with these designs that I am going to make travel journals out of them. I have started all of them but finished the America one today. (FYI: I haven't taken proper photos of it yet, so these are just some ones quickly taken so that you can get the idea!)



Ooo, this photo above shows one of the pages that I made with an envelope :) rather chuffed with it. It's my own pattern and the idea was inspired by the 'Burst of Creativity' blog.




Well I'm sure I will scan in my print samples when I have done them but one last thing before I leave :) remember my GENIUS find of the ice cube tray?? Well, this week I used it as a mold for some resin...




These ones were just samples ... I want to try some other ones out with more acetate and possibly use the shrink paper?? But we shall see :)

Well I'm off but will keep you updated.
Becca xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment