Friday 11 February 2011

An interesting day of fabric, feathers and patterns...

Hey, its Becca again :)
so as im sure you have gathered by now, mine and Jenny's colour is gold, and as of today, we have finalised what each of our designs are gunna be (as they both are going down the catwalk together, the need to look good together!)
So, I am DEFINITELY not a fashion person and the lovely Charlotte has been helping me with my pattern (thank you again!) and it is getting there :)

          So confusing!!! >>

After that adventure, we took a road trip to Basingstoke armed with a map and google directions to buy some fabric ... the thought did cross our mind that with two of us, it should be possible to find the damn shop, but we soon discovered that our skills in pattern cutting and textiles did not stretch to map reading!!! :P But hey, we bought fabric in the end so all is good :)

From our brief, we have to add one section of pattern ... now this (unlike making clothes and pattern cutting) is in my element! Hello screen printing! :D so thats basically what I've been focusing on for the last few days:

 



I hope you can see my journey from my starting point to end result :) I am probs gunna use the last image for my print.
It has primarily inspired by Holly Fulton's Spring/Summer 2011 collection and the idea to keep it fairly regal looking (fitting in with the gold theme):

If you haven't seen her work before, I would definitely recommend that you take a look at her website! I love her use of colour and print in fashion :)
So :) thats what I've been up to! and ooo sad day today ... last year Alexander McQueen died :( but also apparently how many years ago today Nelson Mandela was released from prison ... (some useful fact to know...)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment