Saturday 26 February 2011

London Fashion Weekend 26/02/2011 !!

I went to LFW today!! It was absolutely fantastic!! My Mum and I went together, up early for the 7.44am train, we arrived and had got there, and in by 9.15am :)
It's held in London [obviously] at Somerset House, and was even better then last year!!
We went in for the 10.30am catwalk, and here is the little movie [click the link!] I put together of all the clips I took [my camera wasn't great, and if I move a lot i'm sorry, I was concentrating on the actual garments not how I was holding the camera!! lol] it's just over 5 minutes long.
The first collection was inspired by the movie 'Black Swan'
The second and third Collections show the very much in season use of colour blocking, and the final Collection, by Mark Fast [who is starting to make a name for himself amongst celebs] is covered in jewels and tassels, and includes block colours too! I loved these Collections, and is a good comparision to last years pastel shades.


Afterwards we looked around all the designer clothing, and oh myy, they were gorgeous. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Especially some of John Galliano's work...

[Who, by the way, if you haven't heard, has been suspended at Dior after he allegedly made anti-semetic remarks to a couple in a cafe after a late night drinking session - the drinks most likely drank due to stress over Paris Fashion Week where Dior is always in the spotlight]

And, with items at the reduced LFW special prices...my Mum said I could get something... and well, I couldn't resist ...

So with an original price of £665, I now own a John Galliano dress...
Bought at the reduced price of...
£59
No kidding.
There's nothing wrong with it, it's not some end of the line piece...it was simply, a London Fashion Week 'special' ... well, I'm certainly not complaining!!






So yeah, i'm pretty happy with today :P hehe :)

Jennnnnny :))

No comments:

Post a Comment