Monday 28 February 2011

Bournemouth Uni

Hi Guys! :)
Its Abi and I wanted to tell you how my interview went at Bournemouth Uni, after applying for the Costume course there.
After the 2 hour trip we eventually got there, I had a nap in the car, then waking up to find that I was more nervous then I had thought. So when we were in the car park I cried yet again about the whole uni thing and felt that I couldnt face actually going through the interview, which afterwards, felt a little pathetic and silly because once I eventually went in everybody was really kind and helpful.
   First they called us up in a group of 6 and showed us the classrooms, and told us to lay our portfolios out on the table, then we told to go and sit somewhere else, so we could chat and ask quesitions to the students about what its like there, while the tutors went and looked in our folders without us there.
   Then they called us in 2 by 2, and I was the first to go in thankfully, and the tutor I was with asked me to talk about one project, and I had chosen the wasp one because that one was my favourite and I felt I could talk about that one more, and she said it was very 'Graphicy' which I didnt really want to hear. Overall I thought that interview went okay, however I was worried that my folio wasnt as 'Costumey' as the other students, and there seemed to be not many oppintunities to discuss my love for costume, so I felt like I didnt come across as the person that I wanted them to meet, so it wasnt a surprise then they told me I didnt secure a place there :(
     However, im trying not to let this get to me and im not letting it doubt myself of managing to secure my place at uni at all. So ill put this down to expirience and hope that my next interview will go a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment