Saturday 26 February 2011

LOTS TO CATCH UP ON!!

I have not liked that I haven't blogged!! I'm dissappointed in myself :( ...so I will make this one worth itt!!

Art has been pretty busy, i'm not going to lie, I think everyone is rather stressed out at the moment and could do with a loooonnngg break...BUT keep working hard girlies it'll be worth it in the endd!!

My gold project is going well, but still i'm feeling the pressure to finish it, however I found some fantastic gold inspiration out in Russia, and was rather annoyed that I didn't have my skirt on me in many of the buildings...doing a photo-shoot in any of the rooms in the Hermitage WOULD HAVE LOOKED PERFECT. But nooo, life isn't fair, I didn't have the skirt on me [wasn't even in the making at that point anyway] and well, now i'm back in England... there is just nowhere nearby as good as those rooms...
SAD TIMES GUYS...Sad Times :'(
Here are some examples of the GORGEOUS rooms...





I KNOW, I know, they're perfect...made me want to cry too. Maybe this yummy looking hot chocolate will cheer you up and make up for it?


No? Understandable...but it sure helped cheer me up in -20 degrees temperatures...!!

So...anyway, Russia was ace. ALTHOUGH... I had one slight problem... [and I know Gayle is going to read this but oh well...] everyone only got a gift for Ivan at the end?!? ... yeah, sorry guys, but I didn't agree with that... soooo I'm thinking of making Gayle a thank you present :) I wouldn't know what to get Mark or Deborah...but Gayle deserves something too, as i'm sure Ivan wasn't the only one stressing!! So yeah..justtt sayyying...

Soo, back from Russia, I sleptt quite a bitt, I was shattterrredd!! Then, got into full on skirt making [hence the delayed blogging, all I had on my mind was Sew, Sew, Sew, Eat, Sew, Sew, Sew, Eat, Drink, Sew, Sew, Eat, Sew, Sew, Sleep...] ... and how did it go you ask?
Well...
Toile number one, going by Gayle's diagram... got very, very confused [how, I don't know] tore it up, resorted to scouring internet for a different one...
Toile number two...TOO SMALL. How? Don't know either. Followed everything right and...no. Wasn't fitting. So I thought, I'll draw it out again and make it wayy bigger...
Toile number three...STILL TOO SMALL. Okay, now I'm wondering where my Ghetto Booty has appeared from...and why the HELL this Toile won't work...

Now, all that frustration in one day = no pattern paper, no Toile fabric and one very tearful Jenny. So, Mum went out and bought more fabric [isn't she lovely?!], and I did some book work and took an early nights rest.
Following day. New material, fresh start. NO PATTERN PAPER.
Slight issue? Not really, i've never used it before... BUT I do know how to now which is the point and it worked for the skirt train so I do have proof I CAN do itt!!
Soo, I grabbed my dressmakers white pencil and got to it.
I made it up, using what I had learnt from the other Toile's, re-taking my measurements [yep, not changed at all] ... annnnddd.... IT WORKED. Fitted like a dreammm. AT LAST.

I then tried out the front triangular panel...IT WORKED. And then, before I ran out of motivation, and before things had a chance to go wrong, I started the real deal. Here are some images of the Toile and the real skirt coming together:





Sorry about the pictures being sidewayys!! But yeah, it's coming along well, OBVIOUSLY you are wondering WHERE ON EARTH IS THE GOLD??? But don't worry, my rule was contrasting colours, and there they are. The Train is GOLD and the black triangle will have gold embroidery on it too. The waistband [still to come] Will also be gold. And I may add gold elsewhere too :)) so DON'T PANIC.

So anyway, that is it for the moment!! I've another post to make, but the video for it is still in the making... soooooo, goodbye for nowww!!

Jennnnnnyy :))


No comments:

Post a Comment