Thursday 10 February 2011

A little bit of Help :)

Firstly though, I would like to say I'm glad my post on Viktor and Rolf's collection with the cut out dresses went down well and inspired lots of people in the class - that is always a good sign!!

It got me wondering what else Viktor and Rolf had come up with, and so typing in their name into Google, I browsed through the images that appeared.

I remembered over-hearing someone in the class saying their garments rule was to include TEXT, and in a fantastic turn of events... Viktor and Rolf have an amazing collection which includes wording on their garments in both 2D and 3D forms!!
So here we go, a second Viktor and Rolf collection which I hope will inspire those with that given rule, and could give them ideas on how to include their own text, or will at least provide them with some research and continue their thought processes :)

Viktor and Rolf: Fall/Winter Ready-to-wear Collection 2008

Viktor-Rolf1

The large 3D letters really scream at you, I love them, and they fit in well with the tailored look of the grey garments! 

viktor_rolf.jpg

“We love fashion, but it’s going so fast. We wanted to say‘No’this season…” Viktor and Rolf

Viktor-Rolf2



I love how the word 'WOW' is hidden amongst the fur, as though it is jumping out at you and taking you by surprising [making you exclaim 'wow!!' ??]



The word 'NO' has been beautifully created out of the sheer fabric of this garment, it shows a really good use of structure.


Using a simple print of the word 'NO' on this fabric achieved a great overall garment. It is a simple and easy concept and could easily be something someone in our class could recreate.


I like how in this one the word 'NO' is spread across the whole garment, sewn into it, and even spread over onto the sleeve.


They even used something as simple as a belt buckle to put across their idea, with a simple 'NO!' used, made of shiny metal, it really stands out and catches the eye!


Now even though most of the collection is coats, dress, trousers etc. it doesn't mean to say that these ideas can't be recreated onto a skirt.

I hope this was inspiring to someone - even if it wasn't their rule, it could still be done!! :D

I definitely have a new love for Viktor and Rolf :))

............

Jeennnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy :D
xoxox
 



No comments:

Post a Comment