Friday 7 October 2011

The Wasp Waist

My idea for my fashion project is to 'open' a Vintage Fashion Boutique in London which sells clothes designed initially by me, inspired by vintage styles from the 20s to the 90s, sold at a price range that is suitable for people of our age and student budget, also selling real vintage pieces at their valued price which can also be rented.

As we have to bring the wasp element somehow into our design, I will be including a wasp in the logo, and also throughout the collections the 'wasp waist' which was started by Christian Dior in the mid 40's as a part of 'the new look'.


This design is meant to give the illusion that her waist is smaller than it is, as wasps have in their body shape. I have started on some designs of my own as clothes and the logo, and will post the final designs on here and my own blog - http://fashionthelookingglass.wordpress.com some time next week. :)

Toodle pip :)xx

Flo x

No comments:

Post a Comment