Monday 9 January 2012

After a long christmas of retirement...back on the blog

So a new project for a new year (happy new year btw) on the theme of charity shop shopping... all I can say is win. I chose a wonderfully random object which I now quite like although I have to say I hated it for quite a while.
 This is infact a puzzle and as you can see here are the pieces. I think I fell in love with it's shape and the fact it was made of wood a raw material which is very versatile and has a lovely texture. Anyway it took me an absolute age to figure out even with an instruction video. I soon found out the reason for this when I looked up what I though was the name of this intriguing object 'Mensa'. This name however turned out to be the company name 'Mensa' the High IQ Society. Clearly this object was not on my level.
 However there is something very calming about it, almost like a stress toy you can relax yourself by forming it and destroying it. There was a wealth of ideas to be explored with this concept after all the mind is a wonderful and very interesting topic to start from. Even if you took its shape (a star) and started to form ideas from that you can see the potential.. Thus was my thought process and thus is how I shall commence my project henceforth. Huzza! :) By JASMINE CASSEL

No comments:

Post a Comment