Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Chromatic Typewriter

Hello there! 
In the midst of moving all my stuff between houses I have lost my A-Z sheet :( wahhh. So until I find it, I decided to post one of my original posts from my blog. I love this post, and I think the typewriter is incredible. Enjoy!



Discovered this on one of my favorite websites and had to post it - I want one!

Washington-based artist Tyree Callahan transformed and old 1937 Underwood Standard typewriter into a functional painting device he calls a Chromatic Typewriter. He did it by replacing the ink pads of the typewriter with colored paint pads and the letters with color markers.
“I’m super excited about it. The reaction to the piece has been pretty special. It seems to be making a lot of people happy and it has started some great discussions on the translation of art into words and words into art. And folks with synesthesia seem to like it the most, “ says Callahan.
This is also his entry to the 2012 West Prize competition. The prize is awarded via popular vote this year, but voting is limited to iPhones/iPods/iPads. 






I would just write stuff out - my name, passages from books, even just a jumble of nothingness to see what it looks like. The possibilities are endless. 

Madalena x 

No comments:

Post a Comment