Friday 20 January 2012

I Couldn't Aspire To Anything Higher...

... Than the most beautiful woman to walk the earth, Miss Marilyn Monroe has been the whole product of my project and has inspired me, not just for my coursework but in personal ways too... I'm thinking mainly about her quotes.

I don't know if you've ever been on my blog, and I can't see that I have posted anything similar on here to what I'm finding quite an interesting technique to make pretty pictures.. Which is what us artists do, right? ;)

So initially I was just looking through Monroe quotes, some made me laugh, some made me think 'lol slut... but i agree' haha, and it inspired me to use (what is essentially photoshop, but better) my editing software picasa (download from google for free, i recommend it!) ... to make these...










I then decided to take this a little further than Marilyn (as I was doing this about a week before the project started) and use other icons, but more ... contemporary such as Lily Allen, Adele, Jessie J, all women I admire, and used lyrics as quotes to use in the same way I did for Marilyn's quotes above.





Anyway, back to my project, I was told it would be a good idea in the first Friday crit to let my own blonde wig and do a photoshoot with a model, using the iconic make up (red lipstick, beauty spot, eyeliner flicks) to recreate her image in my own way and create similar images to those above...

This photoshoot turned out like this (model Meg Barnett)




 

I made the edits like the ones before, which turned out like this....





Because my book is going to be a beauty bible of 'how to get the 50s Marilyn Monroe look'- sorta thing - I don't know if I should include my own photoshoots, or the actual Marilyn pictures, or just both to say 'both have the same impact', but then it's not looking like Marilyn, it's looking like someone dressed up as her.

I don't know, this is the one thing I can't make my mind up about...

In the meanwhile, please take a gander at my own blog, maybe even click that lovely little 'Facebook Like' button, or follow me via email? ;) 

http://imogenfuchsia.wordpress.com

Hope everyone is doing well.. :)

Flo xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment