Monday 23 January 2012

responses to shrunken heads!

I decided to do some responses to the Shrunken heads, as I found them so interesting! :D


Linear pencil drawing, Stitched into brown paper using thread,  latex heads.





I created these heads by making a mold of a dolls head, the first one was made by a clay mold, the second by a mod-roc cast, and the third was made slightly differently, I dipped the dolls head into latex and dried each layer one by one, it has about 8 layers in total. When the latex was dry, I was able to peel it off, revealing a hollow latex head! I prefer the shape of the last one for the front of my hand-made book, because it is shaped more like a shrunken head, however I may have to weigh up the pro's and con's when deciding which head use, as the others would attach more firmly onto the book but are not the shape i was aiming for.
 
 Also I found this really good site for looking at how to make my leather book..
http://alteredbits.wordpress.com/
and this post could be helpful for you holly aswell...
http://alteredbits.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/pleases-and-pleas-regarding-the-zine/
 
love from meeee, evie

No comments:

Post a Comment