Friday 20 January 2012

progress is finally being made!


I have decided to base my book on print in fashion! from the 50's to now, so i started off by researching geometric prints and how its used today in fashion. such as designer holly fulton.



work from holly futon's various collections

I then brainstormed which fashion and print designers came under a certain decade, for some designers they come under all decades, and then some in only one or two decades. I also created a concept page for my book, its hopefully going to be made out of perspex and acetate to make the book have a lot of visual impact. 

gayle then (very kindly) let me one of her books (i guarded it with my life to avoid being executed) which i found really helpful to use. it had print used in fashion over many many decades and i found out some really interesting facts as well as coming across really amazing prints.

 this page johnathan saunders 2000's and orla kiely 1990's

this page eley kishimoto 2005, rory crichton for luella, neisha crosland 1990's and hussein chalayan 2000's
Next monday I am also going to use this pattern that was on my original brushes in my own style using photoshop, by changing the colours, using threshold and making some linear and more abstract prints! 
i am going to be a busy beaver!
oh by the way I think the photos are the wrong way round, sorry i don't know how to change it!


have a good weekend guys! pip x

No comments:

Post a Comment