Monday 9 January 2012

new projectt

well firstly we got our essay grades back and CHRIST i was not expecting that.. with the amount of slating Gayle gave me during the talk about the essays I was expecting something along the lines of a referral.. but oh noo.. she was feeling generous this day (one of very few ;) ).. M+ yeahh buddyy, just need to do some minor changes and hopefully i will bump up my grade :)

So ANYWAY.. I shall make the title of this post relevant.. Our New Project was to source an item/object that we connect with.
I went into Brittish Heart Foundation in Portsmouth and I was looking at the shelves of ornaments and objects for a good 10 minutes, thinking.. this is eating into my lunch break there MUST be something here (get it.. eating ;) ) just as I was about to walk away I spotted this little guy..
 I was really drawn to him, I knew what he was, but I knew absolutely nothing about him, for instance was he made in england.. or was he made abroad, what tribe is he from? what clothes does he wear? what does his jewellery mean?.. It gave me a lot to expand on and so I thought he was the perfect little man for this project.

Today I began to draw him.. it's not finished yet OBVIOUSLY.. but I'm excited to see what he may bring to my work.. unless he is cursed ofcourse, in which case.. I'll be taking him back and swapping him for a beautifully decorated tea-pot perhaps..

love eve. http://imagination-lifeisyourcreation.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment